Making sure your AWS resources are being tagged propperly by AWS tags is often a messy process and AWS does not make it easy. It can be a time consuming process to build reports, analyze the data and figure out where there are gaps in your tagging policy.
We built a monthly tagging compliance report to help you quickly identify gaps with your tagging strategy and helps you ensure compliance. The report comes with a full breakdown of compliance in different dimensions and a full list of all your AWS resources that do not match your stagging strategy.
To get started, you’ll need to do the following:
- Enter in your AWS Tagging Strategy/Policy you are trying to enforce in your organization
- Export your tagging compliance report (coming soon)
Note: This feature is only available for our Enterprise subscribers. This is an “add-on” for any other subscription plans
Need help with figuring out your tagging strategy? Feel free to reach out to us directly [email protected] and [email protected]. We have also written up a few great resources related to tagging in our blog that might help you out:
- Introduction to AWS Tagging Strategies and AWS Tags Best Practices
- Using Terraform and AWS CloudFormation to Enforce Your AWS Tagging Strategy
- How Tagging AWS Resources Can Reduce Your AWS Bill
- How to Create Billing Alerts for Your AWS Costs
Enter in your AWS Tagging Strategy
- To enter in your AWS Tagging Strategy into our app, click “New Tagging Strategy” button to start the process.
- Tagging Strategy Name – The first step is to input a unique name for the tagging strategy.
- Add a New Tag – You are given a few options for each AWS Tag Key you want to enforice with your policy:
- Required \ Optional – If you set this as required, the tag key will be counted towards compliance in our Tagging Compliance Report. If this is set as optional, this tagKey will show up in the Tagging Compliacne Report, but would be not counted towards compliance.
- Valid Values (optional) – You can enter in any tag value associated with each tag Key
4. After the tagging strategy is shown in the app, press “submit” and our system will process the data provided.